Your local cloud
In our data center we offer you flexible solutions with minimum downtime and high efficiency – for colocation, housing, disaster recovery site, hosting or as part of your multi-cloud strategy.
Skaylink Data Center
More than 2,500 VMs
In our data center, more than
2,500 virtual machines are hosted on
our shared platforms and on dedicated platforms.
More than 1,000 m²
In our data center in Essen (Germany)
we offer a flexible area of more than 1,000 m² for your IT, where you can
benefit from our managed services.
Our data center is operated 24/7. For selected services, a service desk is available during office hours, which is backed up with a 24/7 on-call service.
Completely self-managed data center in Essen (Germany) and three partner data centers in Vilnius (Lithuania, 2 x) and Oberhausen (Germany). In Germany, we offer our customers geo-redundant failover.
All information at a glance
We’ve summarized all the facts about our data centers for you in our white paper.
- Flexible space for your IT on approximately 1,000 m².
- If you would like to use our data center as a colocation, simply lease the rack area that you need for your devices.
- Or you can outsource your IT to the private cloud in accordance with German data protection laws. In addition or alternatively, public clouds of our cooperation partners Microsoft and AWS are available to you.
- We use the energy required to operate our data center as efficiently as possible. This enables us to keep costs low and, at the same time, protect the environment and resources. Our data center is therefore usually darkened; all systems can be operated from our Network Operation Center.
- The air conditioning systems also meet the highest efficiency standards: Powerful re-cooling systems operate up to an outside temperature of 27°C with additional free cooling.
- Cold aisle containment separates cold and warm air masses from each other. In this way, we require less energy for air conditioning overall compared to conventional systems and achieve an outstanding PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness) value of 1.2.
- All equipment required for operation, such as air conditioning units, is redundant (n + 1 redundancy).
- The power supply and Internet connections are also redundant.
- In this way, we are able to ensure that the systems can continue to operate without interruption in the event of a system or connection failure. We achieve 99.982% availability.
- The data center was built on the basis of the Tier 3 standard.
- You can lease racks, i.e., floor space, for your hardware from us.
- If required, we can manage individual services or even complete infrastructures for you.
- A service desk provides support for operating your systems on this platform.
- We archive your backups in a separate backup data center at our Oberhausen location in Germany.
- Reliable remote hands and 24/7 technical support.
- 24/7 access to the data center for housing or colocation.
What does Skaylink offer?
- More than 20 years of experience
- Customers of all sizes and from almost all industries – with focuses in the areas of automotive, finance and insurance, healthcare, industry, logistics, retail and commerce, travel and hospitality
- Certified experts: AWS, Microsoft
Let's start the future together.
Unsure where the digital journey should lead you? Our experts will be happy to answer your questions without obligation!
Simply fill out the form on the right and we will get back to you as soon as possible.